Each team has its own purpose and mission statements that seek to exemplify and coincide with His Vineyard’s corporate vision for effective ministry.
Nursery Team (Infants and Toddlers)Purpose: the Nursery Team exists to create a nourishing environment for His Vineyard’s infants and toddlers. It is our goal to show and teach the love of Jesus to each child, so they can later come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- To provide a loving, safe environment for His Vineyard’s infants and toddlers
- To build lasting relationships with our infants and toddlers at a young age, to familiarize them with our workers and programs
- At least 16 years of age
- Loves infants and toddlers
- Patient with infants and toddlers
Kids Vineyard Team (Children)Purpose: the Kids Vineyard team exists to create a nourishing environment for His Vineyard’s children. It is our goal to instill a passion for worship in our children, to teach them to serve with a cheerful heart, and to lead them to a salvation experience (upon individual readiness)..
- To provide a loving and safe environment for the children of His Vineyard
- To teach the Bible weekly, through applicable lessons
- To build relationships with our children, so that each one feels comfortable and connected to the workers teaching weekly
- Actively and daily involved in a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Loves school-age children
- Willing to interact with and instruct children
C.H.A.O.S. Team (Youth Leadership)
Purpose: C.H.A.O.S. exists primarily to love and minister unconditionally to the youth God has placed in our community. We seek to minister to and instruct our youth in view of the Great Commission.
- To intentionally, purposefully develop leadership and discipleship skills in our youth
- Possesses a desire and willingness to serve our youth
- Actively pursues a daily relationship with Jesus Christ
Worship TeamPurpose: it is the desire of the Worship Team to be used of the Lord to sing His praises, to minister under the power of the Holy Spirit, and to witness His touch and change in the lives of those to whom we minister. Our effective worship leading will help create an atmosphere where the Holy Spirit of God is free to move and work in the heart and lives of all people, including our own.
- To lead the congregation of His Vineyard into the Holy of Holies, through the gift of praise and worship If praise is declaring what God has done, is doing, or will do, then worship is
- To declare who God is while applying His precepts to our lives
- Has a personal relationship with the Jesus Christ
- Committed to growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord, through prayer, Bible study, and participation in corporate worship
- Lives a life worthy of the calling of Christ, setting an example in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity.
- Demonstrates appropriate musical or technical ability that contributes to the mission and purpose of the Worship Team
- Leads others by living a consistent, Spirit-filled life
- Intentionally seeks opportunities to disciple others in the area of praise and worship by building Christ-centered relationships
Growth GroupsPurpose: Building life-long spiritual friendships where we can grow up together to maturity in Christ. Ephesians 4:16 NLT “He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love”.
- We are committed to learning and living out the teachings of Christ and leading others to do the same. Building community inside the walls so we can build community outside the walls. 2 Timothy 3:16, 17 – NLT “16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work”.
Ideal Group Leader:
- Someone who leads by example in obedience and character. Someone who is gifted and committed to building into the life of others.
- Be committed to praying for each member. Create an environment that fosters authentic relationships. The group leader will schedule group meetings and design activities and bible discussions that promote spiritual transformation and group relationships. Receive the training needed to lead your group and continue growing spiritually.
- Participates in leadership huddles with their coach for information, problem solving, support, and leadership gatherings.
- Choose a person (apprentice) who has the desire to demonstrate the characteristics of a Growth Group leader and who desires to help others mature in Christ.
- Be open to input from within your group as well as the leadership team.
Media TeamPurpose: the Media Team exists to facilitate unified worship and assist in the creation of resources used to spread the Gospel and promote His Vineyard’s various ministries/activities
- To enhance the worship experience
- To raise member and visitor awareness of church happenings through the use of technology, creativity, and practical collaboration
- Technologically inclined (from graphic design to TV production, and anywhere in between)
- Creative and self-motivated
- Willing to learn
- Has an eye for detail
Encounter TeamPurpose: The Encounter Team exists to make sure that no one reaches any entrance to His Vineyard without a genuine and heartfelt welcome. We realize that we are the first contacts an individual has as he or she enters our parking lot. The impression we make greatly affects the way someone feels about His Vineyard.
- To greet everyone personably, with a smile and firm handshake
- To interact with individuals in a way that welcomes and comforts them
- To provide further direction to anyone needing it
- Has good communication skills and a genuinely friendly attitude at all times
- Has a desire to help guide people in the direction they need to go
- Projects an image that positively reflects His Vineyard as a whole (well-dressed and inviting) Has a love for all people, and a desire to “bring them in”)
Hospitality TeamPurpose: from feeding those going through times of need to being available to host and serve special events at the church, the Hospitality Team exists as an outlet of emotional, physical, and spiritual support for the His Vineyard family. The Hospitality Team is also responsible for fellowship in the Welcome Area every Sunday morning
- To serve and see others in a manner that reflects Christ’s behavior
- Enthusiastic and outgoing, with a love for serving others
- Physically able to serve others/host events
- Available to set up for fellowship at 8:45 am on Sunday
Welcome Center TeamPurpose: the Welcome Center Team serves to inform, update, and further welcome both visitors and members attending His Vineyards
- To continue to welcome everyone by providing them with information and guidance
- To distribute any relevant information (regarding upcoming events, growth groups, etc.)
- To contact visitors who fill out an information card, either by a phone call or email, after their first visit
- Outgoing—friendly and helpful
- Willing to serve
Men’s MinistryPurpose: the Men’s Ministry exists to help the men of His Vineyard understand and assume their roles of spiritual leadership in their homes, church, and workplaces
- To inspire, equip, energize, and mobilize the men of His Vineyard to pursue passionate relationships with Jesus Christ and one other
- Increasing in the likeness of Christ
- Committed to prayer and the study and application of God’s Word
- Approachable, available, and self-motivated
- Has the ability to communicate with men from varying backgrounds and all walks of life
The Vines (Women’s Ministry)Purpose: The Vines – Women’s Ministry of His Vineyard exists to create discipleship opportunities through friendships developed as we seek to learn more about and grow closer to God together
- We exist to honor the Lord through reaching out to EVERY woman with love and kindness to build relationships while teaching them about the Love of Jesus.
- Nonjudgmental, outgoing, and prayerful
- Able to keep situations confidential
- Willing to serve in some capacity
Senior Adults TeamPurpose: The senior adult group exists to offer senior adults the opportunity for spiritual enhancement and encouragement. We also strive to challenge our group members to serve the Lord with all they are.
- To gain new spiritual perspective and wisdom
- To disciple and mentor younger believers
- To develop an atmosphere of encouragement and support for our senior adults
- Anyone 50 or older Has a love for others and the desire to grow and develop Christian relationships
Pastor Support/Service TeamPurpose: we exist as a group of individuals who wish to serve, support, and pray for the leadership of His Vineyard
- To pray for, support, and serve our leadership
- Facilitate communication between the leadership of various teams (especially in preparation for Worship Service)
- Has a servant’s heart
- Humble, yet strong in his or her relationship with Christ
Outreach TeamPurpose: The Outreach Team exists to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our community by all means possible, reaching out to all people so that they might know God’s love – (diverse, expansive team—includes other small focuses: nursing home to food pantry to local, national, and foreign mission projects, etc.)
- To be missionaries of mercy and compassion in our community and beyond
- To meet people at their point of need through outreach ministry
- Available and willing to serve
- Pursues a daily relationship with Jesus Christ
- Compassionate and understanding Perseverant
Ushers TeamPurpose: need purpose statement
- Mission statement(s)
- Member Description